Monday, April 21, 2014

First Instrument- Kevin Baker

What was Kevin Baker's First Instrument?


"I started playing my first instrument- the drum set- in the 4th grade. One of my older brothers was in a band with his high school friends.  They practiced at our house, so I got to watch and listen.  I was in awe of the drummer and knew I wanted to be like him.  The band left their instruments at our house, so three of us Baker boys would mess around on them.  The first song I learned to play on drums was “Talk Dirty to Me” by Poison.  I knew right then that someday I would play drums on a big stage.  I started formally learning drums the next year in 5th grade band and have been playing them ever since.  I may not have made it big, but I have had the opportunity to play some big stages…and make a little money doing it.  Wouldn’t trade that experience for anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment