Friday, November 8, 2013

Meet Chuck Iken

Meet Chuck Iken- President of Instrumental Music Company


Q. Where did you go to school?
A. I went to Ashwaubenon High School and attended University of Wisconsin- Green Bay for college. 

Q. What is your favorite instrument?
A. For a solo instrument, Piano because you can play complex chords and passages. For an ensemble instrument, I like the Baritone sax because I like the raspy bass sounds it produces. 

Q. What do you love about working at Instrumental Music Company?
A. I enjoy the challenge of maintaining inventory for our customer's needs. I also love seeing an OMG moment when a client I'm helping tries a product (instrument, mouthpiece, etc.) that I recommend and they are amazed that this product can help them play better and sound better.

Q. Do you do anything with music outside of Instrumental Music Company? 
A. I played in back up orchestras for numerous entertainers including The Four Tops, The Temptations, Johnny Mathis and the Manhattan Transfer. I played in the Green Bay Packer Band from 1978-1992 and I currently play in the CP Telethon Orchestra. 

Q. What is your advice for beginning musicians?
A. Keep playing, the longer you play, the more fun you will have. Playing an instrument is something you can enjoy for the rest of your life. As golf is to sports, so is playing an instrument to art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment