Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Meet Randy Derge

Meet Randy Derge- Senior Instrument Repair Technician


Q. Where did you go to school? 
A. I attended the University of Wisconsin-Washington County for two years before attending a one year band instrument repair program at Southeast Technical in Minnesota. I have been repairing instruments for 35 years and have grown very comfortable with repairing both brass and woodwind instruments.

Q. What is your favorite instrument?
A. My favorite instrument to repair and modify is the saxophone. I am constantly amazed at the design, function and variety of these instruments as well as the  possibilities they present. However, I enjoy working with all the brass and woodwind instruments that I come across in my profession.

Q. What do you love about working at Instrumental Music Company?
A. Working at Instrumental Music Company truly is a pleasure for me. I take pride in being a part of a locally owned business with a friendly, family-like atmosphere.

Q. Do you do anything with music outside of Instrumental Music Company?
A. Unfortunately I do not currently play any instruments myself, but I enjoy listening to many different styles of music in my free time.


Q. What is your advice for beginning musicians?
A. The most important advice I can give to new musicians is simply practice, practice, practice. Private lessons are also very helpful. It takes a long time to master an instrument, so do not give up. Music is something you will enjoy for your whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment